Personal Injury Lawyer Orlando, FL
Our personal injury lawyer Orlando, FL, accident victims rely on, has witnessed firsthand the impact of an accident on the victim. Accidents that leave innocent victims with serious injuries occur each day. As a victim of an accident, you may have amassed large amounts of debt due to your injuries. Medical bills, vehicle repairs, missed income, reduced earnings capacity and other unexpected costs can complicate your recovery after an accident, causing much stress and uncertainty. Chances are, you will be left feeling disheartened should this occur. You may be asking yourself where to go or who to turn to for help. How will you pay all of your bills? No person wants to find themselves feeling unprotected and vulnerable while recovering from injuries. We know that you are experiencing unprecedented hardship. Fortunately, you can rely on a top and highly trusted legal team to fight for you. Our team at David & Philpot P.L. can assist by answering the questions you have about the process and providing you with the legal experience you need.
A personal injury claim can be a stressful thing to go through, especially when you have just started recovering after an accident. You may be reluctant to go through a complicated legal process while you are trying to focus on getting better and paying off your expenses. However, talking to an experienced personal injury lawyer can shed light on your situation. Common questions that a lawyer receives from clients after an accident include the following:
Would you recommend that I pursue a claim with the insurance company or litigation?
You have several options to choose from if you are a personal injury victim. In most cases, your lawyer will likely recommend that you first pursue a claim with the insurance company. They may attempt to give you a low-ball settlement offer, but trying to pursue a claim with them first is a good option. If they give you an offer that is much less than what you are hoping for or deserve, a lawyer will be able to step in and take action. While a thorough case review will be necessary to make an informed decision, much of the time, our firm can negotiate a fair settlement through the claims process. However, some situations may call for litigation. There may be times when unexpected complications come up that can affect your claim. For example, if you cannot reach a fair settlement through the negotiation process or your claim has been denied, filing a lawsuit may be the most appropriate next step. A strong lawyer will be ready and prepared to take your case to court if necessary and prepare the best argument for you.
How long will it take to resolve my case?
This will depend upon the nature of your case and the factors at hand. It can be difficult to tell exactly when your case will be fully resolved. While a personal injury claim with the insurance company may resolve anywhere from a few short months to a year, litigation can take much longer. When a lawsuit is filed, it may take years before a resolution is reached. If any issues or delays with your case come up, it may take much longer. For more information about what an estimated timeline for your case may look like, reach out to a lawyer and they can provide more details.
Why should I hire an Orlando, Florida personal injury lawyer rather than representing myself?
Before deciding about self-representation (pro se), it’s best to consult with a lawyer first. When damages are lower, in some cases, it may be worth pursuing the claims process on your own. However, when damages reach a certain amount, it may be in your best interest to retain the services of a lawyer. They will develop a robust legal strategy and prevent the possibility of accepting an offer that is much lower than you deserve. The more complex a case, the more likely you may benefit from having a personal injury lawyer to work on your case. You do have the choice to represent yourself, but know that there are certain risks in doing so. Their experience and knowledge of the legal system is much greater than the average person’s. You may not have sufficient legal knowledge to prepare the best strategies for your case, or resolve certain issues if they arise. With an experienced lawyer at your side, you increase your chances of having a positive case outcome.
What are the benefits of scheduling a consultation with a lawyer?
When searching for a lawyer, you won’t want to choose the first professional that you find. Taking the time to research and meet with experienced lawyers can provide the best chance at choosing a capable lawyer who is a fit for your case. Do thorough research and choose a lawyer who has worked on cases that are similar to yours. Ask them about their background and the kinds of results that they have achieved. You need to get a good idea of what their skills and strengths are and how they can apply them to your case. Consulting with a lawyer allows you to ask questions, understand timeframes and fee structures, and get an idea of what you can expect from the process.
How should I prepare for my first meeting with a lawyer?
Coming prepared for your first consultation will ensure that you stay on track, your questions are answered, and that your lawyer can provide an accurate assessment of your case. Bring any relevant information or evidence such as medical documentation, insurance information, police/accident reports, etc. Additionally, bringing a list of questions can ensure that you get a clear picture of what the process entails. Write down a detailed account of what you remember from your accident so that you don’t forget any important details. Be ready to discuss as much information during the consultation as you can. Remember that the more organized and prepared you are, the more productive the appointment with the lawyer will be.
Common Personal Injuries
A personal injury is something that could occur to anyone in a number of different areas or scenarios. They range from accidents involving vehicles to improperly manufactured products and more. Compensation is generally awarded to those who can prove that their injuries were the result of someone else’s negligence or lack of action leading to injury. Here are some of the more common ways that people have received personal injuries:
- Auto Accidents – An accident involving cars or trucks that sees a person receive injuries like burns, broken bones, and more. These are one of the most common types of accidents that lead to a personal injury case.
- Defective Products – Companies have been known to improperly manufacture products, or not properly notify customers of potential risks of a product. This type of injury could show itself through burns, harmful chemicals/substances, and more.
- Bicycle & Pedestrian Accidents – This type of injury generally occurs from a pedestrian or bicycle rider being struck by someone in a car or truck or another vehicle. This type of injury could lead to broken bones, scratches, or even brain and spinal cord injuries.
- Slip and Fall Injuries – A slip and fall accident could occur at a variety of different places. These fall under premises liability and happen when a person who is in charge of a property doesn’t ensure the safety of those who come on the premises. An injury could occur from a chemical spill on the property, or from areas that are improperly marked during construction or maintenance activity leading to a slip and fall.
- Motorcycle Accidents – Motorcycle accidents are similar to auto accidents in that injuries could occur from being struck by another vehicle or from the negligence of other drivers.
- Medical Malpractice – Medical malpractice injuries could occur from a botched surgery or other medically related instances. Contact a personal injury lawyer in Orlando, FL from David & Philpot P.L. to learn more about these types of injuries and whether or not your injury may fall under this category.
- On-The-Job Injuries – Workplace and on-the-job injuries are also one of the more common ways that someone may get injured and have a personal injury case. Injuries occur in nearly all different lines of work and can be the result of poor workplace practices, a lack of safety culture in the organization, or from the negligent actions of a coworker.
If you have been injured in one of these types of accidents or from another source, then getting checked out by a doctor is the first thing that should be done. Once you have been checked out by a doctor and have scheduled relevant therapies or other needs, it is then time to seek advice from an Orlando, FL personal injury lawyer. Lawyers from David & Philpot P.L. have years of experience in fighting cases for clients who have received injuries from a variety of different circumstances. Contact us today to get your case started and to get the compensation you deserve for your pain, suffering, and injuries.
Compensation for Personal Injury Cases
There are many different issues that arise with personal injury cases. They can be both expensive and exhausting. This is why it is important that you hire an experienced personal injury lawyer in Florida who will know what kind of damages to file in your case. Some of the most common things people seek compensation for in personal injury cases include:
- Compensation for all of your medical costs, which include bills from doctors offices, prescription medication, physical therapy costs, and anything you have had to pay for emergency room visits because of the accident.
- Compensation for property damaged in the accident. This can be a totaled car from a car crash, or other personal belongings that broke or became damaged in an accident.
- Compensation for lost wages due to missed work. This could include compensation for lost future wages if you are unable to do the work that you are used to doing.
- Damages for pain and suffering. This is not always applied in personal injury cases, but can be if they are particularly traumatic.
Your lawyer will be able to look closely at your case to see what you may be entitled to and what we believe you should file for in your case. Lawyers who are experienced in personal injury law will know what kind of things have worked in the past for cases similar to yours, which is why it is so important to have someone on your side who knows what a judge may consider fair. The lawyers at David & Philpot, P.L. would be more than happy to help. We have handled many different types of personal injury cases and won fair compensation for so many people before. We know how to navigate throughout the entire process to make it much smoother on our clients.
Contact David & Philpot, P.L. Today
Soft tissue injuries, lacerations, broken bones, and head injuries are common injuries that may impact victims. Sometimes, injuries can forever affect the victim, making everyday life nearly impossible. While the thought of legal action may feel like a significant task, our team from David & Philpot P.L. can assist with making a complicated process run smoothly. Take control over your case today by reaching out to our experienced personal injury lawyer available in Orlando, Florida. We can set you up with a free consultation to go over the details of your case. Furthermore, we will only take payment if we win your case. We work on a contingency fee basis, so it is completely risk free to have us on your side but it can make all the difference in winning your case. Contact us today to set something up. You do not want to miss the deadline for meeting the statute of limitations in Florida, so do not wait.