Taxi Accident Lawyer Lakeland, FL
If you were injured in a taxi accident, you should consult with a taxi accident lawyer Lakeland, FL residents trust. Taxis are a convenient mode of transportation, but they’re also involved in multiple accidents every year. If you were involved in one of these accidents, you may be entitled to compensation.
Common Causes of Taxi Accidents
While most taxi drivers obey all traffic laws and do their best to keep passengers safe, others act negligently. Here are some of the most common causes of taxi accidents.
- Driver Fatigue: Taxi drivers don’t typically receive a salary or hourly wage.They instead make money based on their number of fares. The more fares they have, the more money they ultimately make. Unfortunately, some taxi drivers may spend too much time on the road to make ends meet. Driving too many hours in a row can cause fatigue, increasing the risk of accidents.
- Improper Vehicle Maintenance: Taxi drivers are responsible for maintaining their vehicles. However, not all of them do. Some taxi drivers neglect to repair worn out tires, old brakes and other vehicle malfunctions. Poor vehicle maintenance can increase the risk of accidents. For example, if a taxi’s brakes are worn out, the driver may lose control of the vehicle.
- Driver Distraction: As a taxi accident lawyer in Lakeland, FL can confirm, taxi drivers face many distractions. They may take phone calls while behind the wheel or get distracted by their passengers’ conversations. If they take their attention off the road for even a few seconds, they could cause a collision.
- Unsafe Lane Changes: It’s likely that you’ve seen taxi drivers make aggressive lane changes to get through heavy traffic. Unfortunately, this is very dangerous and can increase the chances of an accident.
- Speeding: Many taxi drivers are in a hurry to transport their passengers to their destinations so that they can pick up more passengers. However, speeding can make it more difficult to stop in emergency situations. For example, if a vehicle pulls out suddenly in front of the taxi, the driver won’t have enough time to stop.
Getting Legal Assistance
If you recently suffered injuries in a taxi accident, it’s important to speak to a car accident lawyer Lakeland, FL residents count on. What happened to you wasn’t fair and you deserve justice for that. A lawyer can help you file a timely claim against the taxi driver and protect your legal rights. During your initial consultation with your lawyer, remember to bring any evidence you have pertaining to your case, such as a police report, witness statement and medical records. The more information your lawyer has to go on, the better he or she can help you.
If you were involved in a taxi accident, schedule a consultation with a taxi accident lawyer in Lakeland, FL today.