Slip and Fall Attorney in Orlando, FL
A slip and fall attorney representing Orlando, FL, accident victims is a great place to start following an injury. Unfortunately, these accidents can cause serious injuries that may be severe, taking significant periods to recover from. Despite this, slip and fall cases can be challenging to prove, and you may even be left unsure of whether you have a chance to pursue your claim. There are several reasons that legal action is necessary following a slip and fall accident. Taking action by scheduling your initial consultation with David & Philpot P.L. soon after the accident is imperative to reaching a successful outcome.
Victims of slip and fall accidents can suffer severe injuries, such as head injuries, leg injuries, knee injuries and more. They are dangerous because victims do not usually see the hazard until it’s too late. It is important that you take action quickly if you want to find out if you are eligible to receive compensation. If you are unsure about whether you should pursue a slip and fall claim, consider the following:
You Have Injuries That Required Treatment
While a slip and fall accident can seem pretty mundane, it’s not uncommon for victims to suffer significant injuries. Head injuries, wrist injuries, and leg injuries are some of the most common injuries that slip and fall accident victims sustain, and they can result in weeks or months of treatment. Chances are if you were injured and required medical care, you have been physically impacted. You could be facing substantial losses such as missed time away from work, resulting in lost wages, medical expenses, and physical pain. An injury can put your life on hold. As a victim of an accident that was not your fault, you should not have to suffer the consequences and pay for your expenses. You deserve to be compensated for the losses and the impact it has had on you. This is why reaching out to our team should be one of your top priorities to receive the best possible outcome. They have the skills and resources to get you the legal help that you need so that your costs can be covered, and your recovery is the only thing you need to focus on.
You Need Help from a Professional
As an accident victim pursuing compensation, you will hold the burden of proof for the case. Proving negligence in a slip and fall case can be tough if you are not familiar with the process and requirements. While the expectations for proving negligence in premises liability cases are much lower in the civil process, you will still need to gather strong evidence supporting your claims. Slip and Fall cases can be highly litigious and difficult to prove in some situations, which is why, much of the time, it’s in your best interest to work with a slip and fall attorney from Orlando, Florida. With our team of experienced professionals, we will work tirelessly to help you receive the best possible outcome for your case. However, keep in mind that the time to act is now, and taking too long to move forward could significantly impact your case.
Common Types of Slip and Fall Scenarios
Slip and fall accidents are a common type of personal injury. There are many scenarios that can lead to a slip and fall. Though they usually happen in busy, high-traffic places like restaurants, grocery stores, or hotels, they can happen just about anywhere. The following are accident scenarios that victims find themselves in:
- Food and drink. A person can slip on spilled food or beverages that are not immediately cleaned up.
- Wet or slippery floors. Wet or slippery floors that were recently mopped or are wet because of broken pipes which flooded the area.
- Uneven floor or pavement. Slip and falls are common in construction areas or in places that require repairs, such as cracked sidewalks.
- Faulty railings. A broken rail can cause a victim to fall over and sustain an injury.
- Loose carpet or rugs. Torn or loose carpet can lead to a slip and fall.
- Improperly constructed stairs. Stairs can be dangerous if they are poorly designed and constructed.
- Exposed electrical wires. Wires left on the floor or are not secured to the floor properly can cause a victim to trip.
- Cluttered rooms. When there are too many objects in a room, they can block a path and a person can trip or bump into them.
- Hazardous weather conditions. Rain or snow can make sidewalks slippery.
If a hazard is cleaned, but a person fails to install a visible and legible sign, it can lead to a slip and fall accident. Property owners and building staff are responsible for conducting regular checks of the area accessible to visitors to make sure hazards are spotted and addressed. This is the best way to prevent slip and fall accidents from occurring in the first place.
Businesses, organizations, and others who are in charge of properties have a responsibility to keep their premises safe and secure. This means that they should be free of clutter and safe to walk around. If construction or maintenance is occurring at the facility or on the property, then there is supposed to be signage and other markers showing that these areas are not safe to move about in. An Orlando, FL slip and fall attorney will take a look at the details of your case in order to build the best strategy possible going forward if you have been injured in a slip and fall accident. Lawyers from David & Philpot P.L. understand the complexities and nuances within these types of cases and will be with you every step of the way for your claim and possible lawsuit. Contact us today to get your case started.
Statute of Limitations
Each state has different laws which govern when the statute of limitations begins and expires for certain instances. A slip and fall would fall under the personal injury category and in the state of Florida, there is a ruling in place. That ruling states that a person has 4 years from the date of the slip and fall incident to take action against those who are being held accountable for the injury. If the negligent actions or lack of action from an organization, company, or premises manager caused you an injury, then holding them accountable for the injuries you have suffered is important. It will help for these types of injuries to not occur again if those in charge of the premises understand the ramifications for their action or lack of action. Discussing these matters with a slip and fall attorney in Orlando, FL from David & Philpot P.L. can help to alleviate stress from the process, and help you to understand the potential of your case.
Places Where Slip and Falls Could Occur
There are numerous places where a slip and fall could occur. They range from local places like parks and sidewalks to instances of injury occurring at airports or even grocery stores. Here are some more examples and details about where and how these injuries could occur:
- Airports – Airports have numerous pieces of equipment and work being done on them at most given times. Construction could be occurring without marking dangerous areas leading to a dangerous slip and fall.
- Grocery Stores – Grocery stores sometimes have wet surfaces especially around seafood and produce areas. Always be careful when in these areas as the floor could be wet and unmarked.
- Construction Sites – If you are someone who works on a construction site, or just happening to be passing one, these areas also could have spills or other substances on the ground that could lead to slip and fall accidents.
- Public Pools – A public pool is obviously a place that has numerous areas of sidewalks and restrooms that are wet. Always use the utmost caution at a pool when walking and try not to run.
These are just a few of the more common places that a slip and fall injury could occur. If you have suffered a slip and fall accident from ones of these places or from somewhere else, reach out to a slip and fall attorney in Orlando, FL today to learn more about your options. Lawyers from David & Philpot P.L. are standing by and ready to assist you.
Choosing Representation From Our Firm
We know this may be a highly trying time, and we can assist you in the way you deserve. Premises liability cases will require significant evidence, and our team can guide you through the process so that you have a strong claim against the responsible party. When you choose our firm to represent you, know that you can expect legal services that stand apart from all the rest:
- We will provide you with a clear, straightforward review of your case
- Give our honest opinion of how best to move forward with your case
- Work strategically to prepare for all possible situations, especially the unexpected
- Assist with gathering evidence that builds a robust and favorable case
- Allow you the time needed to recover from the accident by providing you the representation you require
Don’t allow yourself to go another moment without the protections that a legal professional can provide to you. We will prepare your case and go head to head with the opposing side so that you don’t have to. The longer you wait, the more difficult it may be to help you with your case. Take action now so that you can get help. Don’t waste another moment without David & Philpot P.L., by your side. Please schedule a consultation with our Orlando, FL slip and fall attorney before it’s too late.