Slip and Fall Attorney Orlando, FL
A slip and fall attorney representing Orlando, FL, accident victims is a great place to start following an injury. Unfortunately, these accidents can cause serious injuries that may be severe, taking significant periods to recover from. Despite this, slip and fall cases can be challenging to prove, and you may even be left unsure of whether you have a chance to pursue your claim. There are several reasons that legal action is necessary following a slip and fall accident. Taking action by scheduling your initial consultation with David & Philpot P.L. soon after the accident is imperative to reaching a successful outcome.
Slip and Fall Attorney Orlando, FL
- You Have Injuries That Required Treatment
- You Need Help from a Professional
- Common Types of Slip and Fall Scenarios
- The Consequences of a Slip and Fall Incident
- Minor Injuries
- Serious Injuries
- Premises Liability
- Statute of Limitations
- Places Where Slip and Falls Could Occur
- Traumatic Brain Injuries From Slip and Fall Accidents
- What Types of TBIs Are There?
- What Impact Does a TBI Have on a Person’s Life?
- What Are Some Benefits of Filing a Lawsuit for My TBI?
- Do’s and Don’ts: Actionable Items for Preparing a Slip and Fall Claim
- David & Philpot P.L. Orlando Slip and Fall Attorney
- Orlando Slip and Fall Attorney Google Review
- Choosing Representation From Our Firm
Victims of slip and fall accidents can suffer severe injuries, such as head injuries, leg injuries, knee injuries and more. They are dangerous because victims do not usually see the hazard until it’s too late. It is important that you take action quickly if you want to find out if you are eligible to receive compensation. If you are unsure about whether you should pursue a slip and fall claim, consider the following:
You Have Injuries That Required Treatment
While a slip and fall accident can seem pretty mundane, it’s not uncommon for victims to suffer significant injuries. Head injuries, wrist injuries, and leg injuries are some of the most common injuries that slip and fall accident victims sustain, and they can result in weeks or months of treatment. Chances are if you were injured and required medical care, you have been physically impacted. You could be facing substantial losses such as missed time away from work, resulting in lost wages, medical expenses, and physical pain. An injury can put your life on hold. As a victim of an accident that was not your fault, you should not have to suffer the consequences and pay for your expenses. You deserve to be compensated for the losses and the impact it has had on you. This is why reaching out to our team should be one of your top priorities to receive the best possible outcome. They have the skills and resources to get you the legal help that you need so that your costs can be covered, and your recovery is the only thing you need to focus on.
You Need Help from a Professional
As an accident victim pursuing compensation, you will hold the burden of proof for the case. Proving negligence in a slip and fall case can be tough if you are not familiar with the process and requirements. While the expectations for proving negligence in premises liability cases are much lower in the civil process, you will still need to gather strong evidence supporting your claims. Slip and Fall cases can be highly litigious and difficult to prove in some situations, which is why, much of the time, it’s in your best interest to work with a Orlando slip and fall attorney. With our team of experienced professionals, we will work tirelessly to help you receive the best possible outcome for your case. However, keep in mind that the time to act is now, and taking too long to move forward could significantly impact your case.
Common Types of Slip and Fall Scenarios
Slip and fall accidents are a common type of personal injury. There are many scenarios that can lead to a slip and fall. Though they usually happen in busy, high-traffic places like restaurants, grocery stores, or hotels, they can happen just about anywhere. The following are accident scenarios that victims find themselves in:
- Food and drink. A person can slip on spilled food or beverages that are not immediately cleaned up.
- Wet or slippery floors. Wet or slippery floors that were recently mopped or are wet because of broken pipes which flooded the area.
- Uneven floor or pavement. Slip and falls are common in construction areas or in places that require repairs, such as cracked sidewalks.
- Faulty railings. A broken rail can cause a victim to fall over and sustain an injury.
- Loose carpet or rugs. Torn or loose carpet can lead to a slip and fall.
- Improperly constructed stairs. Stairs can be dangerous if they are poorly designed and constructed.
- Exposed electrical wires. Wires left on the floor or are not secured to the floor properly can cause a victim to trip.
- Cluttered rooms. When there are too many objects in a room, they can block a path and a person can trip or bump into them.
- Hazardous weather conditions. Rain or snow can make sidewalks slippery.
If a hazard is cleaned, but a person fails to install a visible and legible sign, it can lead to a slip and fall accident. Property owners and building staff are responsible for conducting regular checks of the area accessible to visitors to make sure hazards are spotted and addressed. This is the best way to prevent slip and fall accidents from occurring in the first place.
The Consequences of a Slip and Fall Incident
The terminology of a slip and fall accident can make it sound like an incident that is not especially harmful or dangerous. After all, many people stumble or fall and do not come down with serious injuries. They continue with their daily activities. For many others, though, a fall can have dire consequences, which is why consulting with an Orlando slip and fall attorney, can be beneficial.
The range of injuries from a slip and fall accident is quite large. This depends upon the severity of the fall, the age or health of the person falling and other factors such as dangerous obstacles in the way.
Even minor injuries can be a hassle for the person, especially when the accident happens due to no fault of the victim. Minor injuries cause pain and suffering to some degree and they can take a person out of his or her routine. Other consequences of a slip and fall accident include the following:
- The inconvenience of doctor appointments
- The shame of having to ask for help
- The cost of medical treatments and equipment
- The possibility of lost wages and missed work
- The potential for loss of advancement in your career
No incident is too small to consult with an Orlando slip and fall attorney. At David & Philpot Personal Law we are happy to look closely at each incident.
These can happen even with the simplest slip and fall incident. This could be a function of the person’s age or health. A relatively benign stumble over an uneven carpet to an elderly person can become a life-threatening event. Also, individuals who have compromised health issues can suffer disproportionately from a fall.
Sometimes, though, the severity of the injury results from other factors. For example, a fall down a stone or steel stairway can cause injuries to even young and healthy people. Other times, a person could fall into glass or other hazardous materials. An experienced Orlando slip and fall attorney, knows that no two accidents are the same.
Serious injuries come in many forms. These include damage to many parts of the body:
- Brain injuries
- Spine injuries
- Broken bones
- Damaged circulatory systems
- Heart damage
- Teeth damage
The consequences of these serious injuries are many and can disrupt your life if you are the patient. The pain and suffering can be quite severe and it can last a long time. The medical expenses can be overwhelming. Even dealing with the constant bills can cause heightened levels of stress.
Your work life or your home life could suffer as well. Not all people have a solid support network to help them through these difficulties, making the situation even more challenging. An Orlando slip and fall attorney can help you navigate the difficulties of putting your life back together after a serious injury.
At David & Philpot Personal Injury Law, our team can work with you whether you have a serious personal injury or one that is more minor. We understand the impact a slip and fall can have on your life.
Businesses, organizations, and others who are in charge of properties have a responsibility to keep their premises safe and secure. This means that they should be free of clutter and safe to walk around. If construction or maintenance is occurring at the facility or on the property, then there is supposed to be signage and other markers showing that these areas are not safe to move about in. An Orlando, FL slip and fall attorney will take a look at the details of your case in order to build the best strategy possible going forward if you have been injured in a slip and fall accident. Lawyers from David & Philpot P.L. understand the complexities and nuances within these types of cases and will be with you every step of the way for your claim and possible lawsuit. Contact us today to get your case started.
Statute of Limitations
Each state has different laws which govern when the statute of limitations begins and expires for certain instances. A slip and fall would fall under the personal injury category and in the state of Florida, there is a ruling in place. That ruling states that a person has 4 years from the date of the slip and fall incident to take action against those who are being held accountable for the injury. If the negligent actions or lack of action from an organization, company, or premises manager caused you an injury, then holding them accountable for the injuries you have suffered is important. It will help for these types of injuries to not occur again if those in charge of the premises understand the ramifications for their action or lack of action. Discussing these matters with an Orlando slip and fall attorney from David & Philpot P.L. can help to alleviate stress from the process, and help you to understand the potential of your case.
Places Where Slip and Falls Could Occur
There are numerous places where a slip and fall could occur. They range from local places like parks and sidewalks to instances of injury occurring at airports or even grocery stores. Here are some more examples and details about where and how these injuries could occur:
- Airports – Airports have numerous pieces of equipment and work being done on them at most given times. Construction could be occurring without marking dangerous areas leading to a dangerous slip and fall.
- Grocery Stores – Grocery stores sometimes have wet surfaces especially around seafood and produce areas. Always be careful when in these areas as the floor could be wet and unmarked.
- Construction Sites – If you are someone who works on a construction site, or just happening to be passing one, these areas also could have spills or other substances on the ground that could lead to slip and fall accidents.
- Public Pools – A public pool is obviously a place that has numerous areas of sidewalks and restrooms that are wet. Always use the utmost caution at a pool when walking and try not to run.
These are just a few of the more common places that a slip and fall injury could occur. If you have suffered a slip and fall accident from ones of these places or from somewhere else, reach out to a slip and fall attorney in Orlando, FL today to learn more about your options. Lawyers from David & Philpot P.L. are standing by and ready to assist you.
PLACES WHERE SLIP AND FALLS COULD OCCUR
Traumatic Brain Injuries From Slip and Fall Accidents
When it comes to slip and fall injuries, almost any injury could occur, from sprained ankles and strained ligaments to fractured and broken bones, from bruises and abrasions to internal bleeding. Possibly the most serious injury can be traumatic brain injuries (TBIs), the symptoms of which span from a mild headache to death. Here are your questions answered about TBIs from slip and fall accidents.
What Types of TBIs Are There?
TBIs include a variety of injuries to the brain. Any of these could be minor or severe.
- Penetrative injury — an object goes through the skull into the brain
- Contusion — localized bleeding caused by an impact
- Coup-contrecoup contusions — when the brain slams into the opposite side of the skull after an impact, causing a second contusion at that impact site
- Diffuse axonal injury — shaking of the brain causes tears in delicate brain structures
- Concussion — the brain bumps and twists around in the skull
Your Orlando slip and fall attorney, can help you determine the probative value of your specific brain injury.
What Impact Does a TBI Have on a Person’s Life?
The severity of TBIs varies from person to person. The impact of these injuries varies widely. For example, cognitive functioning can severely impact memory creation and retrieval issues, or it could just mean you can never remember where you put your phone or keys.
Some brain injuries impact the emotional centers of your brain, making you prone to emotional outbursts or overly sensitive to your feelings.
TBIs can also cause physical disability, such as trouble walking, speaking or using your arms and hands. These disabilities may be mild, earning you the use of a cane, or severe, putting you in a wheelchair. Whatever the impact, your slip and fall attorney in Orlando, FL, at David & Philpot Personal Injury Law can help you recover damages to take care of your medical bills, both past and future.
What Are Some Benefits of Filing a Lawsuit for My TBI?
Filing a lawsuit for your TBI often means your past and future medical bills will be paid for, including any therapies or rehabilitation you may need. That kind of treatment can quickly become out of reach financially. You may also be able to recover lost wages, lost future wages, pain and suffering and loss of enjoyment of life. Your Orlando slip and fall attorney, at David & Philpot Personal Injury Law can help you understand what kind of damages you can sue for.
Do’s and Don’ts: Actionable Items for Preparing a Slip and Fall Claim
Don’t Forgo Medical Attention
If you experience a slip and fall accident, your first instinct might be to dismiss it as nothing more than an embarrassing moment. However, a slip and fall can lead to serious injury in some cases. Even a minor injury can worsen later. If you experience pain in your arm, leg or head following an accident, do not ignore it. You should seek medical treatment immediately. This will not only ensure that your injuries are addressed but will create credible documentation should you need to seek legal help from an Orlando slip and fall attorney.
Don’t Leave Without Evidence
It is crucial to gather information at the scene of the accident. If it is medically safe for you to do so, take note of your surroundings.
Here are some examples of circumstances to be aware of:
- The condition of your surroundings: Determine what may have caused the fall. Is the floor wet and slippery? Did you stumble on something, like raised pavement or an exposed cable?
- The existence of signage: Look for any signs indicating potentially hazardous conditions. Are they visible and legible?
- Any potential witnesses: If others in the area witnessed your slip and fall, ask if they would be willing to give you their contact information.
Each slip and fall accident is unique, and it is important to document what happened as soon as possible. The attorneys at David & Philpot P.L. may need this evidence to determine if your slip and fall accident entitles you to compensation.
Do Calculate the Damages
Damages in a slip and fall case include any losses suffered by the injured party. The biggest losses you can feasibly calculate will be the cost of medical bills. You should include the cost of prior medical treatments and future medical appointments in your calculation. Additional losses may also include lost wages and emotional distress, but these may be more difficult to quantify. An Orlando slip and fall attorney can help you more accurately calculate damages in the wake of an accident.
Orlando Slip and Fall Attorney Statistics
According to the CDC in 2020, 18% of all injuries in Florida that were reported which kept people from working were actually slip and fall related. Minor and severe injuries alike can affect an individual’s ability to work, take care of family or function normally in day-to-day life. In the event of a slip and fall injury, you should calculate your monetary losses. Contact our firm for help to determine how much you are owed for missing work.
David & Philpot P.L. Orlando Slip and Fall Attorney
Orlando Area Office: 1936 Boothe Circle Longwood, FL 32750
Orlando Slip and Fall Attorney Google Review
“I would and have recommended them to friends. The staff is very professional yet atune to your needs. They always kept me appraised of every occurrence and were very helpful in my trying to make decisions. As this was my first experience with a law firm. They exceeded any expectations.” – Joan B.
Choosing Representation From Our Firm
We know this may be a highly trying time, and we can assist you in the way you deserve. Premises liability cases will require significant evidence, and our team can guide you through the process so that you have a strong claim against the responsible party. When you choose our firm to represent you, know that you can expect legal services that stand apart from all the rest:
- We will provide you with a clear, straightforward review of your case
- Give our honest opinion of how best to move forward with your case
- Work strategically to prepare for all possible situations, especially the unexpected
- Assist with gathering evidence that builds a robust and favorable case
- Allow you the time needed to recover from the accident by providing you the representation you require
Don’t allow yourself to go another moment without the protections that a legal professional can provide to you. We will prepare your case and go head to head with the opposing side so that you don’t have to. The longer you wait, the more difficult it may be to help you with your case. Take action now so that you can get help. Don’t waste another moment without David & Philpot P.L., by your side. Please schedule a consultation with our Orlando slip and fall attorney before it’s too late.