Uber Accident Lawyer Lakeland, Florida
Rideshare services like Uber have made it much easier for people to get around. However, with so many Uber vehicles on the road, accidents are becoming more and more common. If you were injured in an Uber accident, you may be entitled to compensation. You should speak to an Uber accident lawyer in Lakeland, Florida, like David & Philpot, P.L. about your case as soon as possible.
Common Causes of Uber Accidents
Many people are injured in Uber accidents every year. Here are some common causes of Uber accidents that an Uber accidental lawyer in Lakeland, Florida sees:
- Distracted Driving
- Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol and Drugs
- Driver Fatigue
- Unsafe Lane Changes
- Failure to Properly Maintain Vehicle
Steps to Take After an Uber Accident
While an Uber accident can be a traumatic experience, it’s important to remain calm and take the necessary steps to maximize your compensation.
- Call the Police: Even if you seem to have only minor injuries, you should still contact the police right away. Ask the Uber driver to call the police or make the call yourself. When they arrive, tell them everything you can remember about the accident. They will put this information in a police report that you can later use to help prove your case.
- Seek Medical Care: Your health should be your top priority after an Uber accident. An Uber accident lawyer in Lakeland, Florida would advise you to get checked out by a doctor as soon as possible. A doctor will assess your injuries and recommend the appropriate treatment. If you delay medical care, you can jeopardize your health and make it more difficult to obtain the compensation you deserve. Additionally, be sure to follow all of your doctor’s medical advice, whether it’s bedrest or physical therapy.
- Take Notes in a Journal: As soon as you’re able to, write down everything you can remember about the Uber accident in a journal. The more information you have about the crash, the easier it will be for your car accident lawyer Lakeland, FL residents trust to help you obtain fair compensation. For example, if you recall the Uber driver talking on the phone right before the accident, jot that down.
- Contact a Lawyer: Accidents involving rideshare services are more complicated than traditional car accidents. That’s why it’s in your best interest to hire an experienced Uber accident lawyer in Lakeland, Florida. A lawyer who has handled many Uber accident cases will know what to expect and will improve your chances of receiving fair compensation.
If you suffered injuries in an Uber accident, schedule a free consultation with an Uber accident lawyer in Lakeland, Florida. You deserve compensation for what you’ve been through. Remember to bring any evidence pertaining to your case to your consultation, such as a police report and medical records.