Wrongful Death Claims Lawyer Lakeland, FL
If your loved one was killed because of someone else’s negligence, you should speak to a wrongful death claims lawyer Lakeland, FL residents trust. Your family may be entitled to compensation. A lawyer can help your family recover compensation for medical expenses, funeral costs and other costs that resulted from the death.
Common Causes of Wrongful Death
Wrongful death can result from many types of situations. Here are the most common types of wrongful death cases.
- Car Accidents: Car accidents remain the most common cause of wrongful death. While some of these accidents result from bad weather or poor road conditions, the majority of them result from diver negligence. If a driver is speeding, fatigued, under the influence of alcohol or distracted, he or she is more likely to cause an accident, which can result in fatalities.
- Work Accidents: Some occupations, such as machine operators and construction, are more dangerous than others. If workers don’t take the proper precautions, they are more likely to suffer fatal injuries. For example, if a construction worker falls off a ladder and suffers a severe head injury, death can result.
- Truck Accidents: Commercial trucks are much bigger and heavier than standard vehicles, so they are more likely to cause deaths during accidents. If a truck has an oversized load or mechanical issues, they are more likely to cause accidents. Serious accidents can also result if the truck driver is speeding, distracted or driving aggressively.
- Medical Malpractice: Although most doctors are highly skilled and trained, they can still make mistakes. As a wrongful death claims lawyer in Lakeland, FL can confirm, medical errors are more likely to occur if doctors cut corners, are fatigued, or don’t follow correct procedures. Misdiagnoses, surgical errors, and anesthesia errors are the most common cause of wrongful death in the medical field.
- Defective Products: Manufacturers must make sure their products are safe before releasing them to the public. If they fail to do this, fatalities can result. Common examples of this type of wrongful death include toxic foods, pharmaceutical products, and defective automobiles.
What to Do After a Wrongful Death
If your family member’s death was due to another person’s negligence, you understandably feel shocked and devastated. While nothing can make up for the death of your loved one, getting compensation can help you deal with the financial burdens that resulted from death.
A wrongful death attorney in Lakeland, FL can help you file a claim against the negligent party and protect your legal rights.
Schedule a consultation at David & Philpot, P.L. today!