Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Deltona, FL
If you were injured in a motorcycle accident, you should speak to a motorcycle accident lawyer Deltona, FL residents trust at David & Philpot, PL. You may be entitled to compensation for the horrible accident you were the victim of. A lawyer can help you file a lawsuit against the driver who hit you and ensure that your legal rights are protected. Don’t hesitate to call our law firm today for a no-obligation consultation about your options. We have your best of interest in mind.
Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Motorcyclists have less protection than drivers in passenger vehicles, so they are more likely to suffer severe injuries in accidents. Here are the most common types of motorcycle accident injuries:
- Head Injuries: Head injuries are the most severe injury a motorcyclist can endure in an accident. Head trauma is more likely to lead to permanent damage or death than other injuries. The best way to protect yourself against these injuries is to wear a helmet when you ride a motorcycle.
- Arm Injuries: It is common for motorcyclists to get launched off their motorcycles in the event of an accident. They put their arms in front of their bodies to brace them for a fall. This can result in broken arms, torn rotator cuffs and nerve damage in the arms.
- Road Rash: During a motorcycle accident, motorcyclists may slide across the pavement and suffer road rash. Unfortunately, road rash is not just a simple bruise or cut. It can lead to skin irritation, infections and even nerve damage. You can minimize the risk of road rash during an accident by wearing protective clothing, like a leather jacket, pants and thick gloves.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: If the spinal cord is injured during a motorcycle accident, it can cause paralysis, which can be permanent.
- Broken Bones: Because motorcyclists do not have much protection from other vehicles, they are more likely to suffer broken bones during accidents. Broken bones are very painful and may take a long time to heal. If a bone is broken in more than one place, surgery may be required.
Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
Regardless of how safe you may be riding your motorcycle, there are always drivers who may drive recklessly around you. At our law firm, we firmly believe in holding offenders responsible for their carelessness. You may be entitled to compensation for damages, losses, and injury. If you or a loved one was recently hit by a car while riding a motorcycle, we urge you to call us right now for assistance. There are several factors that can contribute to accidents, including:
- Inattentive drivers: compared to cars and trucks, motorcycles are much less obvious on the road, making them more difficult to see. Many drivers don’t pay enough attention to their surroundings, resulting in thousands and thousands of people being killed or injured each year.
- Distracted drivers: in today’s society most people are on their phone frequently thorughout the day. Many people actually spend hours on their smartphones each day, and this may also be when they are behind the wheel. Other reasons why drivers may be distracted are from eating while driving, fidgeting with the radio, playing games on a phone, talking with passengers, and daydreaming.
- Hazards on the road: governments are responsible for maintaining roadways, so they are in good condition and don’t have hazards such as potholes or loose gravel. Construction workers on the road must put up proper signage and cones so that motorists can easily be redirected around the site.
Why You Should Hire a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Filing a motorcycle accident lawsuit involves many complexities and can be very overwhelming. When you are trying to recover from your injuries, you do not need that extra stress in your life. That is why it is worth it to hire an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer in Deltona, Florida to take care of your case. He or she will handle all the legwork, so you can focus on your recovery.
A skilled lawyer also knows the true value of your case and will not let the insurance company offer you a settlement that is less than you deserve. When the insurers see that you have a confident lawyer on your side, they will be more likely to take you seriously and negotiate.
Can I Afford Hiring a Lawyer?
Unfortunately, many people don’t realize how affordable a lawyer actually is. A number of law firms work on contingency, where they don’t request money up front, and only get paid through a percentage of your compensation if your case is won. If you were seriously hurt in a motorcycle accident, having a lawyer protect your best interests can make the difference in whether you can overcome what happened to you, both physically and financially. Examples of the types of damages you may be eligible to receive through legal action include:
- Medical bills, such as diagnostics, emergency care, surgery, medications, etc.
- Loss of wages from missing work due to needing to rest at home, attend doctors appointments, undergo surgery or ther treatment.
- Pain and suffering, if the accident caused particularly painful and debilitating injuries.
- Property damage, you could get restitution so that you can fix your motorcycle or replace it with a new one if deemed totalled.
If you suffered injuries in a motorcycle accident, you should schedule a free consultation with a FL motorcycle accident lawyer in Deltona, FL — so call David & Philpot, PL today.